CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 25, 2010

Lake DeGray - Day 1

I wasn't able to update the blog while we were out of town, so I am playing catch up. We just got back from Lake DeGray in Arkansas. We went with my parents and Matthew and Theresa. We love spending time on Lake DeGray. It is such a beautiful, peaceful lake and we had a great time playing and relaxing.


Pops gave Ella a fishing pole and she loved it. Here Uncle Matt was showing her how to use it. We never got to use it to catch any real fish, but she had fun playing with the little plastic fish that was attached to the end.


Our beautful scenery for the week (or Mom might have a different opinion now....look for the explanation about that on my post about the last day of our trip).


We had a cabin right by the water and Ella loved to watch the ducks swim by. We made frequent trips out to feed the ducks.


Here ducky, ducky!


"You don't want the bread? Ok, I will eat it then!"


"Last chance.....come and get it!"


Playing peek a boo around the tree. (Sorry, Granna....I didn't mean to cut your head off in the picture!)


Granna and Ella doing some duck watching.


Here we are hanging out in the water. Ella was not too excited to be out in the actual water on the first day, so she and I played in the boat and had a great time! Everyone said the little minnows were getting their toes, so Ella and I were happy to have all hands and feet in the raft.


Ella was making sure Uncle Matt knew where he was going.

"More pictures, really?!"

Milk in a koozie...nice!


Filling up the fat sac for a little wakeboard fun!


Here I am trying it out. I have always slalomed and have occasionally wakeboarded. I broke the binding on the ski I usually use, so now is the perfect time to become more comfortable on the wakeboard. I found out I have a lot of learning to do!


Here's my dad doing his thing. Over 50 and still lookin' good!


Cory getting some good air.....

.....and some not so good air!


Matthew showing us how it's done.


Here he is attempting the "SuperMan".

Matthew and Theresa enjoying the night.
We had a blast and everyone made it home safe. I will post the rest of the trip later this week!

0 comments: