CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Florida - Day 1

We made it to Destin! YAY!! There were good moments and some not so good moments on our traveling adventure. Who can blame her right? I would be a little grouchy too if I was strapped down to a car seat for hours. We tried to make pit stops and break up the trip so that helped. I can't say that I am looking forward to doing it again as we travel home in about a week. But we did get here, and we arrived around 6 pm yesterday. After we got the cars unloaded, we headed down to the beach. Since it was late, we thought we would just take a stroll and see what Ella thought. She loved it! She would squeal with delight as the waves came up around her legs. We let go of her hand to see what she would do and we had entertainment for the next 10 minutes. She would run down the beach, then flop to all fours and crawl, then flop to her belly and play in the water. Had we known this.....we would have put a swimsuit on her. It was great. I have a video of it, but can't figure out how to get it on the blog. I will work on that later. Here are some pictures of Ella experiencing the beach for the first time.







Can't you just hear her giggling in this picture??

Ashley and Kyle checking out the sunset.

If you look closely you can see a dolphin out in the water. It is just above the banister. This is the beautiful sight that greeted us this morning when we woke up.

Everyone hanging out in the water. It was a little seaweed-y where we were today but hopefully will clear out by morning.

Ella and Uncle Kyle playing football.
Everyone has to get buried in the sand on their first trip to the lake, right?!
Ella was saying "more" to Uncle Kyle, because she wanted him to keep making sand castles.


Ella's new thing is saying "bye-bye" to everyone and everything. Here she is saying "bye-bye" to the seaweed she was playing with. Haha!
One happy Papa George!



My cute family!


And I will leave you with these cute pictures til tomorrow! I think we have a beach baby on our hands. She played and played today and was so happy. She didn't care that she was covered in sunscreen and sand. Oh....to be a kid again!

2 comments:

Katie said...

HOW cute! Looks like a wonderful trip full of fun. So glad you guys are getting some time away together.

Mommarazzi said...

I LOVE that last picture. She is a cutie!