CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

BIG Day!!!

Today was a BIG day for Ella!!  It was her first day at her new school.  No more Ms. Karen.  Sad smile 

Ms. Karen really only wants to keep the kiddos for 2 years so this year Ella is going to Little Leopards.  It is the daycare in our school district that is available for teacher kids.  We are very blessed to have this opportunity in our district.   I have been a nervous wreck about it because Ella hasn’t had the best luck being left in the nursery at church and hasn’t really stayed with anyone she didn’t know (besides Ms. Karen at first and only with 2 other kiddos).  But Cory and I had really been talking it up to Ella, getting her excited.  We went to the store and Ella got to pick out her new backpack and new lunchbox.  We talked about how she would stay at school and I would have to go to my school, but I would be back to get her.  She kept making the comment, “You’re going to stay with me right?” 

Well, this morning did NOT go well.  She walked in just fine but once we got inside and she realized this was for real, she started crying.  Cory and I gave her a kiss and a hug, told her we would see her this afternoon, and left.  She was not just crying…..she was screaming!!  As soon as the door closed and I was outside, I lost it too.  I was so sad to leave her there like that.  Thankfully Cory called just a little later to check on Ella and the teacher said that she stopped crying within a few minutes and was playing, having fun and talking up a storm!  Whew!  That meant that this momma could relax, smile and enjoy the conference I was at which was hosting a fabulous speaker.  Her teacher even called me around 2:15 pm to tell me that Ella was having a great day.  So, maybe it won’t be so bad after all!!  I let you know how tomorrow goes.  Now for the cute pics……..

photo 1

This was the night before school.  Ella helped me pack her backpack and write her name on things.  She was excited to try it on!

photo 2

“I’m ready mommy!”  She seemed excited this morning!

photo 3

I can’t get over how big she looks in this picture.  Our sweet pea is growing TOO fast.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Family picture.  We both got to take her to school together today.

P7262889

“Bye, Belle.  Wish me luck!”

P7262890

Austin and Kaitlyn showed up just as we were getting there.  Austin and Ella always greet each other with a hug.  Austin was adorable this morning because he leaned in for a kiss…..on the lips.   Sad I missed that on camera.  Kaitlyn is such a sweet big sister.  She loves Ella like she is her little sibling too. 

P7262891photo 4

Are these two not the most adorable things ever?! 

P7262892

Austin went in and started playing like a champ!  Hoping that is Ella tomorrow. 

I know this post is long, but since this is also a scrapbook that I can print someday for Ella to see, I wanted to include a little something for her.

Ella,

I am so blessed to be your mommy.  You make my heart melt with your sweet kisses and tender hugs.  You will sometimes just lean over, kiss my shoulder, and squeeze my arm in a hug.  You have such a fun personality and keep Daddy and I laughing all the time!  We are amazed at all the things you can say and do.  To say that you brighten peoples’ day just doesn’t describe how happy others are to be around you.  You put a smile on every face that you see.  You are loved by so many people and you give love back to all those people.  We always ask you if you know how much we love you and you respond with, “oh so much!”  You got it sugar bear.  Your daddy and I love you so so much.  Thank you for making our life full of love!

Love, Mommy

0 comments: