CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

March was full of good news!

 March 6 was a day of celebrating!  It was Cory's birthday and we were headed to dinner at Kyoto's with his parents and my parents to celebrate.  We also had another surprise for Ella and the grandparents!!  We had found out the week before that were were 9 and 1/2 weeks pregnant!!  We couldn't wait to share the news! 
We started by telling Ella through gifts.  We gave her a big sis shirt, book, and charm.   She didn't quite understand what it all meant until we told her.  We wanted to tell her before dinner so that she could be the one that shared the news.  She was so excited!  (I have a video somewhere, but can't find it at the moment.)  She wanted to know if there was "one baby or two babies in there" as she pointed to my stomach. 

Ella wore her big sis shirt to dinner, but kept a sweater on at first.  Once we were seated, Ella took off her sweater and shared the news.  Everyone was excited!!!  When our waitress heard the news, she said "You're having a boy.  I can tell by your face."  We later found out that she was right!  It was such a fun night of celebration.  Ella facetimed with her aunts and uncles once we got home and shared the exciting news with them!
 
 10 and 1/2 weeks

This is how we announced to friends and family a few weeks later.  
  

Then in May we were able to find out if we were having a boy or a girl.  We did something fun this time!  We had the sonographer put the news in an envelope so that we didn't even know the results.  I took the envelope to my sweet friend Dallena, who opened the note from the sonographer and made a cake for us to use as a reveal to our family.  It was hard not knowing but so fun!

That Sunday we had our parents, our brothers and sisters in law and Memaw over for dinner.  We tried to make it seem like we just wanted to have everyone over for dinner, but I think they knew something was up.     
As people came in, we had them vote on what they thought we were having. (I think Papa cheated and changed his answer later. Ha!)

It was a beautiful day and we had a great time.  We tried flying a kite....
 we hung out....
 
and we played games.....
 
  

Cory made delicious burgers!
  
For dessert we had a yummy cake!!   The inside was either blue or pink.  I was so nervous to cut into it!! 
  

I have a great video of our reveal that I am trying to edit and will get on here soon.  We were so blessed to have all of our family over to share such an exciting moment. 

I love this picture below.  We went to the park for a family picnic and Ella wanted to kiss and feel the baby.  I asked her if the baby was talking to her and she said "Yea, it said high five sister!"  I love this girl's personality!!

0 comments: