We had such a great weekend for the Labor Day holiday! I loved having an extra day to hang out with my family. Our Friday started with the Lovejoy Leopards first football game. Of course I decked Ella out in full leopard wear! I love going to Lovejoy games. I think I have said this before, but it reminds me so much of how Friday nights in McKinney used to be. Everyone goes to the game!! Lovejoy won so it was a fun night!! Here, Ella is decked out in my bracelets. She loves to play in them while I get ready. I think she has spunky fashion sense......look out, little diva in the making!!
After the party, we headed to the lake for the rest of the weekend!
Ella thinks everything is a phone!
Shane and Kristi came up to the lake for dinner on Saturday night. We set out for a cruise and anchored in a cove for a dinner of yummy fish tacos!! We had a great night of visiting with Shane and Kristi. I was so excited they came (we almost convinced them to spend the night....maybe next time!)
Our beautiful scenery
Sunday morning Cory had to head back in for work. Ella and I were joined by Phil, my parents, Matthew, Theresa, Aunt Pam and Jenifer. It was such a relaxing day and it was so nice to be able to hang out with them all day.

Matthew showing us how it's done (again!)
Ella is wondering when it will be her turn to try out wakeboarding. HAHA!!
Jenifer got out and did some wakeboarding. It was fun to watch her!
The joy of being grandparents!
Monday, we had more visitors. Angie, Charlie, and their little boy Max came up for Max's first lake experience! Kyle and Ashley joined us too! Cory was back from work, so we were very happy!!
Poppa and Ella having a little chat over lunch.
The ski boat wasn't cooperating, so we hopped on Jeff's (Cory's cousin) super duper nice ski boat for some wakesurfing!
Here's Kyle giving it a shot.
Cory's turn!
Charlie showing out (he was the only one of us that was able to let go and "surf" on the wake).
Me....I could never get the right feel for it, but I tried it!!

And then the young'ens had to show us how it was done! Megan and Davis, who are 14 and 15, surfed the wake with ease. To our defense....they have had more practice than we have. HA!
2 comments:
OK, call me a grandfather, but the ice chest picture worries me. Cute, but what if she closes the lid and no one notices and Ella does not realize that she can open it. No air!!! I know you watch her closely, but these kiddos do all sorts of things when we are not looking. Only concerned out of love. Uncle Euby
Thanks for worrying but it was just something she did while I was sitting there with her. I would never let her play there alone.
Post a Comment