CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Go Team Jackson!

What a great morning we have had so far! Cory, Ella and I were a part of the Heroes for Children 5K this morning. We walked with Team Jackson! Jackson is my friend's little boy (I have his button on my sidebar) and he is putting up a brave and strong fight against cancer. It was such an amazing morning, that we didn't even mind that it rained on us the whole time!



Jackson getting a ride on his daddy's shoulders!

What a great family!

Daddy and Ella still enjoying the walk

When I try to get a smile from her for a picture, I ask her to show me her teeth. The only problem with that is she closes her eyes. Haha!


And....stroller time was over. Ella was not diggin' it any longer, so mommy got an extra leg and arm workout in today! She would ride on Cory's shoulders for a bit, but then ultimately wanted to be back with me. We even convinced her to ride in her stroller for a little longer and we would go find a balloon. That gave my arms about a 5 minute rest. :) I didn't mind though.


Ella crossing the finish line!

And the reason we were all walking. Team Jackson!!

Lindsey posted on her facebook after the race: "Hearing a crowd of supporters chanting Jackson's name definitely goes in my top 5 moments." I am so honored to know this family and to be able to walk alongside them today. I get so emotional just thinking of all they have been through in the past few months. It was so amazing to see how many people came out to support Jackson and other children fighting cancer. The race was full of smiles, laughter and people having fun. I can't think of a better way to spend my Saturday morning with Cory and Ella. We had a great time!

0 comments: