CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 25, 2012

Claborn Family Ski Trip 2012

My goal for the summer is to catch up on this blog!  Whew...lots to catch up on.  I'll start with Spring Break.  We went on a ski trip to Breckenridge, CO with Cory's family.  We had so much fun!

We drove our truck and Papa and JoJo rode with us.  We stopped and spent the night in Rotan, New Mexico before continuing on to Breckenridge.  Ella did great in the car!!




Will travel with iPad. (Traveling is a little different than when I was growing up!) JoAnn had a great idea...she had wrapped up little gifts for Ella to open along the way.  They were things like lip gloss, small games, and coloring books. 

First glimpse of snowy trees.

Ella tested out the upper deck at the house we rented.  She approved!

Cookies made by Ashley...and yes, we did finish them all!

After settling in and unpacking our things, it was off to get fitted for skis and boots!

It was finally the morning of skiing!!  Ella was all bundled up and of course had her Special B. The weather was pretty warm and we didn't have to layer that much to be comfortable. 


On the bus, headed to the slopes.  Doesn't Ella look adorable?

Cute couple ready to ski!

Another cute couple ready to ski!


So, in my head, it all seemed perfect.  Cory and I are good skiers, so I pictured Ella just skiing right between us or between our legs.  We would just glide down the mountain.  I know you are all laughing and thinking exactly what everyone else was thinking...."Are you crazy Courtney?"  I wasn't ready to put Ella in a daycare there or ski school because I felt guilty.  Getting on the lift and off the lift was a piece of cake.  Looking good so far!  Then it was time to head down the mountain.  EEIIKKK!  It did NOT go like I thought it would.  Ella would not keep her legs straight so she was like a wet noodle on her skis.  Cory and I tried to put her in our wedge and hold her arms, we tried to put a pole between us for her to lean over and hold on to.....nothing worked.  I don't know what I was thinking!!  Kindly, Cory didn't utter a "I told you so"  like I am sure he was thinking.  He puts up with a lot and usually allows me to figure it out on my own when he knows its not going to work out and I don't want to listen to him.  Haha!!!  There was one point that I thought we would never make it down the mountain....picture Ella on her back, in the snow, skis off, screaming and not wanting to get up!!  Would have been a great picture had I not been so stressed about how to get her down.  After switching off between the two of us carrying Ella down the mounting, we made it to the bottom.  Whew!  We took a break and then Cory went back up to ski a bit while Ella and I did a little people watching at the warming hut.  

A little lunch break with JoJo!



Phil and JoAnn were taking a break, so Cory and I headed up the mountain together for a some skiing.  We came back to find Ella taking nap.  Can you find Ella?  No worries, her head was not covered.  She was nice and toasty and slept a good while.

After lunch and a bit of skiing, we headed over to Critterland.  We skied at Copper Mountain the first day and they have a fun little playground with a tube carousal and tube hill for the kiddos.  









Ella had a blast.  I felt a little less guilty for making Cory and Ella endure the mountain as a family of 3. I think the Critterland vanished any terrible thoughts Ella might have about skiing.  Haha!



After a day of skiing, everyone was ready for the hot tub when we got back to the house.  Ella thought it was so fun that we were outside in the snow in a hot tub.  



Day 1 of skiing.....not a total success, not a total fail.  I think all still had fun and that is all that matters!  It's all about making memories right?  

0 comments: