Our last day of skiing was an adventure! Phil and JoAnn were staying in, so that said they didn't mind keeping Ella back at the house. Cory and I set out for a day of "Ski hard or go home!" Haha! I wanted to go to the top of the mountain to see the view. It was really windy on the way up. I had been to the top before and remembered there being a few runs that weren't crazy hard to get down. Obviously there had been more snow last time. YIKES!
At the top, ready to head down!
And this is what awaits us......
Ha! There were huge patches of no snow and the snow that was there was super icy!
If you look hard in this pic, you can see me down. I tried to get across the snow parts and ran thru a patch of grass. Guess what happens when you ski across grass??.....your skis stay there and you go flying over the top of them. I landed on my knees and thought I had cracked both knee caps. They hurt so bad!! I laid down for a bit, some people asked if they needed to get a ski patrol. I quickly said "Heck no!!" got up (slowly) and made it the rest of the way down. Soon after getting to the bottom, I found some Advil and carried on. Ha! I couldn't let that stop me. Cory and I hadn't been skiing in years and I wanted to finish enjoying our day!
Take two! This time, we were sticking to the slopes we knew we liked!
Last run of the day....super steep and oh so fun!
The gang!
After skiing for most of the day, we took Ella over to a sled hill. She loved it. She would start counting at the stop and see what number she got to when she got to the bottom.
I would catch Ella at the bottom and take her half way up. Cory would finish taking her up and then slide her down. I lost count of how many times we did this!
We a full day of fun!
Ella's nose looking a little more purple.
0 comments:
Post a Comment