CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Amazing Grace!

And amazing she is! Today was Gracie Lou's heart surgery. The doctors said it would take 6 hours and it ended up taking about 4-1/2. They said she did great! We were able to take a quick peek at her as she rolled by to her room. She is a strong-fightin' little girl and amazes everyone! Jennifer does a great job in keeping everyone up-to-date on Grace on her caring bridge website. The address is www.caringbridge.org/visit/gracecooper. You can see her full story and updates on the site and even leave sweet messages.


Ella and I got to hang out with Grace and Jennifer yesterday. (Not sure why we didn't get together earlier in the summer because we had so much fun!) We started out at IHOP where the girls shared a pancake platter. Neither girls ever eat that much and so we made them race to 5 bites of pancake. It was so funny and I told Jennifer that we might have to make meal arrangements every day! Haha!





After breakfast, Grace was going to Build-A-Bear to make a special bear for her brother Bennett to have while she is in the hospital. He's not real excited about spending so many days without her. Ella and I had never been to Build-A-Bear, so they invited us along. It was so fun watching the girls build their animals. Ella chose a cute bunny.









Silly girls!



Surprise!



Sweet cousin love!


Ella continued to ask about "Gracie Lou" all day. Grace has many nicknames...Lulu, Miss Grace, Gracie Lou, Gracie Lulu (Jennifer may have a few more for her..haha)....I affectionately call her Gracie Lou, so that is what Ella calls her too. Ella had an Olivia purse that Grace liked, so we went to the store to see if we could find one for her. We couldn't find the purse but found an adorable Olivia doll instead. Jennifer and I are cousins by relation but close friends by choice. I wanted to be there when Grace went in for surgery, so we left bright and early this morning for the hospital. Ella couldn't wait to give Grace the Olivia doll. Ella loved that Grace snuggled it. Someone asked me why we went so early when it is a "sit and wait" kinda day. My response - that's what we do for each other. No one "sits and waits" alone in this family! :)



Here's sweet Grace getting some hugs from her Grandma before going back to check in.


The next picture is a little tough to look at. I asked Jennifer if she minded if I posted this on my page. It is hard for me to imagine having to go through this with my little one. I got to go in to Grace's room this afternoon with Jennifer and tears automatically welled up in my eyes. Jennifer was so strong all day long! I asked Jennifer how she did it. Her response, "Because it's what I have to do. The alternative is unexceptable." That's why, Jen,....you are a rockstar momma!

So keep those prayers going for Gracie Lou and The Cooper family. I am sure Grace will continue to be a fire-ball as she goes through recovery!

1 comments:

jencooper said...

Thanks for the sweet, sweet post. Olivia has not left G's bed since she opened it. Not too many stuffed animals can say they went to open-heart surgery OR.

I love you!!