So I was looking back through the blog and deciding how to break it apart to print in a book. I love our blog! It is a very quick and easy way for me to scrapbook and keep family updated on our life. I was super excited when I found out you can print it in a book! The first blog post I ever did was announcing that we were pregnant. So I thought I would end the first book with Ella’s first birthday. Then I could go from birthday to birthday or maybe by years, not sure yet. The point of my story is that as I was looking through my posts, I couldn’t find a post of Ella’s first birthday party! WHAT??!! I must have forgotten to do it. So, while I am very sad it will not be in order, I must do it now! It was a fun look back at my chunky one year old!
We had the party at my parents house. on Saturday, February 6, 2010. Ella wasn’t old enough to just invite friends, of course, so we invited our whole family! What a fun day!
Ella checking out some of her presents before guests arrived. Look at how chunky monkey she was! Love those squeezable cheeks.
The theme was “party diva” I found on a website. Cute pink and purple colors with leopard print. Mom and I found cute matching fabric to decorate the tables with.
I made the fun center piece. I thought the flowers and feathers were adorable!
Love all these pictures of Ella. We had done a photo shoot with our fave photographer Lindsey Murphy a few weeks before the party. I had originally wanted to do a “look back” collage of pictures til I realized I was consistent on taking monthly pictures of Ella. Oops!
Party guests: The above picture tugs at my heart. You can see my sweet Uncle Richard!
Ella has ALWAYS been a picky eater. She wanted nothing to do with the birthday cake. (Funny to me now, because she LOVES sweets now.)
Sweet Kaitlyn was trying to encourage Ella to take a bite.
This is her saying…”get this off my hand!”
Not impressed is she?
Ella’s expressions crack me up!
It’s a party!
Now time for presents!
The wrapping is always more interesting than what’s inside.
Most of the kids invited to the party were older than Ella so we thought a bounce house would be fun entertainment. Little did we know, Ella would have just as much fun in it!
And so the love affair with bounce houses begins!
Kyle (Cory’s brother) and Delanie (our sweet friend) made us laugh with their coincidental matching outfits.
The kids had a blast! Look at Kaitlyn’s face…priceless!
Love that smile!
Whew, what a long day! Once in pjs, Ella could play with all her new toys, but instead she chose a basket. Haha!
Ella was just beginning to walk and still needed the help of holding on to someone or something. I love her determined look here as she pushed her stroller around.
Ella’s first birthday was so fun! It was incredible to see everyone come out to celebrate with us. Once again, makes me feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many people that we adore!
0 comments:
Post a Comment