CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

We have been so busy that I have not had time to sit down and write a new post. Cory and I are having the best time hanging out with Ella. She is just amazing and we love her so much. I cry when I think about going back to school in August. I was thinking today....."How is it possible to fall more in love with her every single day?" She has the cutest smile, a contagious giggle and a bubbly personality. She brings us such happiness. It's a wonder I get anything done at the house. I prefer to just sit and play with Ella. Clean clothes aren't that important, right?

We enjoyed a really special Father's Day weekend. It started on Friday at Phil and JoAnn's house. Cory,his dad and his brothers played in a golf tournament, then met up with the "Claborn girls" for dinner and swimming. This was the first time to put Ella in a swimming pool and she loved it.





Saturday of that weekend, Ella and I joined Phil and JoAnn on a trip up to Oklahoma to have lunch with Granddad and Grandma (Cory's grandparents). Cory had to work so he was unable to go. It was such a wonderful and special time for Ella. She got all of her great grandparent's attention.



Sunday it was off to the lake with my parents, Cory's parents, and Kevin and Sarah. It was a relaxing day. Ella played in her little pool then joined us in the lake. At one point, we put her on the innertube with Belle and she just laid on her back and didn't move (which is unually for her...she is a busy little girl). It made us laugh. It was like she was truly enjoying the rolling of the waves and the sun.




Guess where I found Granna and Momma Jo.....yep, watching Ella sleep. She was awake a few minutes later...surprise, surprise! :)


We swam, we ate, we tubed, we laughed.......a fun time was had by all.

1 comments:

Candi said...

My mom has taught me that when I have kids a clean house may be nice, but kids grow up to fast and it's more important to be spending time playing with them. I don't remember if my house was clean or dirty growing up, but I remember playing hide and seek with my dad and all the fun times with my mom!!