CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

What a weekend!

Well, our weekend was a busy one. It actually started on Thursday with the Halloween Festival in downtown Wylie. Cory and I met up with Clay, Delanie, Blaine and Teagan. Here is Teagan in her butterfly costume and Blaine giving us his pretty smile (he says it is better when he closes his eyes!) We had a great time sending Blaine in the for the candy and seeing what he came back with.

Friday was a day of celebration. Cory had is badge ceremony. He is officially a captain! His badge ceremony marked the end of a long month of training. He starts tomorrow on a new shift, at a new station, with a new crew! I pinned his captain's badge on and his parents pinned on his bugle pins. Everyone is so proud of him! Afterwards, we went to Captain Blythe's house for a night of trick or treating with about 20 kiddos, a bounce house, hotdogs, hayride and smores. It is amazing to think we will have a little one to dress up next year for Halloween!



On Saturday Cory and I drove to Oklahoma to spend some time with his grandparents. We had a great time. They took us to Amy's Chicken Fry, which is where Cory's dad used to eat when he was a little boy. Granddad said they had the best chicken fried steaks in town....he wasn't kidding! After lunch, Granddad took us sightseeing in Oklahoma City then we went back to their house to watch a little football and chit chat. It was so wonderful to spend time together. We didn't want to leave, but knew Sunday was going to be a big day for us.

Sunday (today) has been a long one. It started around 11:00 and didn't end til about 7:00. We started out at Pottery Barn Kids and finalized the nursery bedding. It is the "Brooke" bedding. I will have to attach a picture from online....super cute! Then we stopped by Lowe's and Home Depot to look at some paneling that we are going to do in the nursery. The next stop was lunch (I had to feed Cory before the big stop). After lunch, it was on to........Babies R Us to set up our registry. Oh my goodness.....how overwhelming! I was confused on the first aisle we came to which was bottles and pacifers. How come there has to be so many choices! Cory and I spent 3 hours at that store and we still aren't real sure that we have all the the right stuff we need! Cory was a trooper and off we went to Target to set up a registry there. Luckily it was a mind-boggling. How does such a little precious baby use and need so much stuff! We are pooped. Cory is in bed and I am on my way. I promised Granddad he would have an updated blog by Monday morning, so I wanted to spend a few minutes to get this in. :)

1 comments:

Katie said...

Oh memories! Babies R Us *IS* overwhelming, isn't it?! I actually ended up doing most of my BRU registry online, so I could sit at home and figure out what I needed (plus the online reviews were really helpful!).

Love the bedding. Have fun decorating the nursery. That little baby will be in there before you know it!

Congratulations Cory. So exciting. What a joyous season of life you guys are going through. God is good!