CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's a Girl!!!

We found out on Tuesday that we are having a little girl! We are so excited, but of course would have been excited either way. Our girl was being a little high maintenance. When we went in for the sonogram she had her legs crossed very tightly and would not undo them. I was turning from side to side to get her to move, and finally we were able to capture what we needed. The picture is very dark so it is not scanning well...that is why it isn't posted. The tech didn't sound real confident in the fact that we were having a girl. She kept saying, "Well, I think I can tell you you are having a girl. I think I would have definitely noticed if it was a boy." So, Cory and I were a little disappointed that she was not more sure. We went in to see Dr. Remedios and she took one look at the picture and said "Go by yourself some pink!" She was more confident and said they can never be 100% sure, but that the picture was pretty clear. We had my parents, and Cory's parents over for dinner to show them the DVD of the ultrasound. It was amazing to watch this little person that is inside of you. Our baby girl yawned, then had the hiccups, and was moving her arms around. At one point it looked like she was waving at us. Completely amazing!! At the end of the DVD, the sonographer typed in, It's a Girl. Dad and Phil immediately saw that and shouted out loud. Mom and JoAnn were still looking at the baby and thought the guys could actually see that it was a girl then eventually realized what was typed at the top. Everyone was really excited, especially because they thought for sure we were having a boy. We called great grandparents and uncles to share the news. Memaw is ready to start making outfits and Grandma is excited to have her first girl!!! All is going well, and our little girl is growing like she should. She weighs around 10 ounces right now. She is really starting to become active so feeling her kick is amazing! I am at 20 weeks so hitting the halfway mark and feeling great! Cory and I are still working on names. We can't agree on anything. :)

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations! She is going to be so much fun!