We had a fun and adventurous January with a few ups and downs.
January 11
We had family over for dinner and Smores. We stayed up way too late, laughed way too loud, enjoyed some nice adult beverages and we wouldn't have changed it for the world!! Ella stayed up with us for Smores. She loves making them outside.
January 12
We got to honor a very special man at the Collin County Youth Show. They dedicated the show to my Uncle Richard. Being in the barn brought back great memories of growing up and spending many weekends here watching my brother show his animals.
January 13
Ahhh, this day started so well with a little roller skating outside.
Then it ended up with a trip to Daddy's fire station and ride in the ambulance to the ER. Ella was playing in the house and pulled a tall iron candelabra on top of her. I didn't see it happen and she didn't cry that much with it. It didn't leave any kind of big mark so I didn't think much about it....until about 30 minutes later when I was making dinner. Ella had been awake in the living room and I had just asked her a question. She didn't respond and I looked over to find her asleep. I went to wake her to tell her dinner was ready and I couldn't keep her awake to eat anything. I called Cory, who was on shift, and he asked me to bring her over to take a look. I talked to her all the way to the station to keep her awake. As soon as Cory got Ella out of the car, she threw up. He said we needed to take her in to get checked out. He didn't want me to drive her by myself and he was on duty, so into the ambulance we go. Ella was not happy about it even with daddy with her, so into the ambulance mommy goes too!
The doctors checked her out at the hospital and said all looked good, and said it looked like a mild concussion. They had us stay to watch her for a bit and as soon as she could eat a popsicle and keep it down, she was able to go home.
She was able to keep the popsicle down, so we were able to head home. She thought the popsicle was yummy and asked if we could go back sometime to get another popsicle. I told her she just ate a really expensive popsicle and I will gladly buy her a big box to keep at home. Ha!
January 19
Ella was invited to sweet Nolan's birthday party at Station 3. Ella loves climbing on The General.
Ella and the birthday boy.
Watching the fireman put on all his gear.
Carrying out the hose for a little fun!

























0 comments:
Post a Comment