Whew---It was a little difficult to get up on the morning of Day 2. Number 1, it was COLD! I believe it got down to 40 degrees that night. Number 2, we were SORE!! We looked like 100 year old women walking to breakfast and felt a little silly......that was until we looked around and saw that everyone else had that same walk too. HAHA!
Today we were walking through Farmers Branch and Addison area.
This is everyone coming into the first cheer station. Mile 3.8!
Mom and Theresa were ready to greet us with hugs! I thanked my mom (and told her I didn't need to hear I told you so) but I was so thankful she made me put in extra layers to wear at night. :)
All the sweep vans were decorated in a fun way. They were there to take you to the next pit stop if you just couldn't walk any further. Team Hope Chest did great and never saw the inside of the sweep vans!
There were pit stops throughout the day where you could use the restroom (lovely port-a-potties), get a snack, and refill your water or gaterade bottles. Each pit stop had a different theme. This pit stop was the Mammo-Grammies! So it had a red carpet and Elvis!
Lunch break! I am so blessed to have Rebecca as one of my great friends! She is a highlight in my life!
AMEN!
The Valley View cheering station was the biggest. There were so many people lined up to cheer us on! My mom and my whole in-law family came out to see us. I was so surprised and excited to see them all there! I am a lucky girl!!
Hanging out with Uncle Kevin while waiting on mommy and Team Hope Chest
Having fun!
Spending a little time chit chatting with everyone
ONE mile to camp! So excited to see these signs!
A fun crew cheering us on at the last corner before camp.
Day 2...success!
Camp show was fun on Day 2. We had already eaten dinner, had our showers, and now it was time to enjoy the dance party.
The called all the guy walkers up on stage. There were around 288 guys that walked!
A little YMCA....
.....and a little Macarena
Before going to bed, we walked by the Rememberance tent. It was so peaceful and quite and a moving place. Inside were letters, signs, pictures to and of people that have passed away from breast cancer. It was heart-breaking to see that some had just passed away. Many pictures were from a 3 day walk that they had participated in. So of the women were my age......that is just so hard to understand. I couldn't stop thinking of all the lives that had been cut short because of this ugly cancer and how many families...moms. dads, sisters, brothers, husbands, and children that are now without their loved one. We have got to pray and pray hard for a cure!
0 comments:
Post a Comment