CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Heavy Heart

Our hearts are hurting because we lost a very special family member this week. My Uncle Richard (my dad's brother) was in a tragic motorcycle accident on Tuesday. I tried to find a poem, or quote that would put into words what we are all feeling, but it is impossible. Everyone hurts, everyone is in shock, and everyone is wishing this was all a bad dream. The best I could do was to find some pictures. I can't stop looking at them, even though I can barely see them through my tears. My blog also serves as my scrapbook for Ella, and although she is too young to know what is going on, I want her to know what an amazing man Uncle Richard was.


Uncle Richard loved his family....he was an amazing son, dad, husband, poppa, uncle, brother and friend. If you needed him, he was there.


He was a kid at heart.


And he loved kids. I only wish Ella was old enough to know how great he was and how much he loved her.

One of his favorite roles....Poppa Richard.
To say that Uncle Richard will be missed just doesn't have the right magnitude. He lived his life to the fullest and was never afraid to show how much he loved you. My life IS blessed because he was a part of it. My life IS blessed because my family is close and strong and everyone will help each other through this.

4 comments:

Mommarazzi said...

Oh Courtney I'm so sorry. Praying for your family.

Pops said...

My brother was one special person. He would give you the last dime in his pocket or the shirt off his back if you needed it. In our family gathering today with the minister in preparation for the service, he ask us what things we remembered most about Richard. It was a little quite for a bit, but once we got to rollin we couldn't stop. Most of it the preacher wrote down, but there were a few things that he would laugh and say "nah we don't need to put that in". We would get a giggle out of it and it kinda kept us going and we would move on. Sort of what Richard would do. We had our sad moments, but we'd get past them a move on. Sort of what Richard would do.

At the visitation tonight I heard a lot of the same things we talked about this afternoon. One in particular was that he never settled for something be done halfway. I thought to myself "yep you know him pretty well, too". Our daddy kinda drilled that in us growing up.

A lot of folks make comments on our family and how close we are and how we help each other out in time of need. Someone needs something and we all come runnin. Richard's family and Pam's family have been together now for almost 3days now and you wouldn't know we didn't all belong together from the beginning.

Well Richard we'll see you off to your final destination tomorrow with much sadness in our hearts and I won't tell you goodbye, but see you on the other side my Brother and Friend. I'll be singing praises to the heavens for your delight.

Your eldest brother.

The Gleasons said...

This was such a sweet, special....surreal post. He was such a good man. He will be so missed. The thing that I will always remember most about him was how he loved his family. And I agree...I wish our little ones were old enough to understand how much he loved.

This is still so surreal. Words are still not coming out right. He will be in our hearts forever.

Much love,
Andrea

The Johnson's said...

Courtney I am so sorry for your families lose. We are keeping you all in our prayers.